Impressive Facts About Republic Day That will Leave You Surprised:
As we all know that India celebrates its Republic Day on 26th January so here are some amazing facts about the day:
10 Must-Know Indian Republic Day Facts
- The first Republic Day celebration of India was on 26 January 1950, it marks the day when the Constitution of India came into effect, replacing the Government of India Act 1935 as the governing document of India
- The Constitution of India was ready till November 26 1949, it came into effect after 2 months of its completion. Hence, 26 November is celebrated as Constitution Day
- Because the declaration of “Indian Independence” was made public by the Indian National Congress on January 26, 1930, the date was chosen as Republic Day.
- The Republic Day parade is held in Delhi,which is attended by the President of India and many other dignitaries and guest, as well as telecasted on every television screen across India
- The Parade includes many stunning tableaus which depict the diversity of India. Performance of the Armed forces is a definite spectacle among those. It is held on the broad Rajpath Avenue(i.e. starts at Rajpath and ends at the India Gate) in the country’s capital New Delhi.
- The President of India “unfurls” the National Flag on the occasion of Republic Day. Which is different from Independence Day, when the Prime Minister of India “hoists” the National Flag.
- Republic Day is also marked by the award of the Padma awards, one of the highest civilian honors in India, to individuals who have made significant contributions to the country in various fields.
- Republic Day is a public holiday in India, with schools, colleges, and government offices closed for the day.
- Every school in the nation celebrates Republic day for instilling patriotism in the hearts of the younger generation.
- The Republic Day celebration also counts for the presentation of “Gallantry Awards” given to individuals for showing bravery in dangerous situations.
Also Read :